Since 1994, the Alberta Assessment Consortium has been providing support for teachers and leaders to integrate sound assessment practices within their classrooms, schools and jurisdictions.
AAC is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by member school jurisdictions and educational organizations from Alberta, other provinces, and around the world. Its membership base includes over 35,000 teachers who guide learning for close to 600,000 students. Membership fees directly support the development of new classroom assessment materials and professional learning resources.
The principles of sound assessment practice for which AAC advocates form a natural bridge in supporting educators to achieve the vision of Inspiring Education.
AAC Performance Assessments
- are developed specifically for the Alberta curricular context;
- assist teachers in gathering quality evidence of student learning;
- help prepare students for the new provincial Student Learning Assessment (SLA);
- help prepare students to become Engaged Thinkers and Ethical Citizens with an Entrepreneurial Spirit; and
- are time savers for busy teachers.
Browse the AAC Performance Assessment Collection (includes materials for member access as well as some materials for public access).
AAC Professional Resources
- showcase sound formative and summative assessment practice;
- facilitate collaborative professional inquiry; and
- support job-embedded professional learning.
View AAC Professional Learning Modules (includes materials for member access as well as some materials for public access).
Information for AAC Fall Conference 2015 (special member pricing).
View AAC Publications (special member pricing) and accompanying AAC Book Study Materials (member access).
View AAC Hot Topics - research-based responses to current assessment topics of interest to system and school leaders, as well as teachers and parents (public access with some member content).
View AAC Projects and Grants, showcasing government grants (public access) and assessment initiatives with AAC member jurisdictions (member access).
AAC is an essential, cost effective professional resource for teachers and leaders.
To find out more about becoming a member, please visit the Membership Information Page.